This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page Emilia-Romagna Turismo


Last update 31/08/2014 (ref.40762)
by the local editorial office of Unione di Comuni Valli Dolo Dragone e Secchia
Via Rocca, 1 - 41045 Montefiorino (MO)
Telefono: 0536/962727 Fax: 0536/965312 Email:

This place, located downhill from the mouth of the Rossenna, is mentioned for the first time in an act of 1385, where its belonging to the diocese of Modena appears to be incorrect. All traces of the castle have been lost; the old part of the village and the rectory were burnt down during the last war. The church, dedicated to Santa Maria, which was replaced with the current church in 1920, was, in 1318, dependent on the Parish Church of San Vitale in Carpineti. Inside the church, there is a marble holy water basin dating to the sixteenth century and paintings from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.