This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Saltino



Last update 04/10/2014 (ref.40761)
by the local editorial office of Unione di Comuni Valli Dolo Dragone e Secchia
Via Rocca, 1 - 41045 Montefiorino (MO)
Telefono: 0536/962727 Fax: 0536/965312 Email: infoturismo@unionecomuniovest.mo.it

Perhaps coming from "saltus bosco", it is mentioned in 1095 as coming under the Monastery of San Prospero in Reggio Emilia. In 1144 it then passed into the hands of the da Baiso, and, in 1373, to the Fogliari, owners of 24 castles; finally it came into the hands of the d’Este family, who entrusted it to the Tassonis from Ferrara. The church dedicated to San Tommaso was, in the 1300s, under the Parish Church of San Vitale in Carpineti and, in 1708 was joined to Prignano. The current church, which has been rebuilt, has portals dating to 1747 and, inside, a sixteenth century painting, as well as ornaments from the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries.