This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Macognano



Last update 28/08/2014 (ref.40754)
by the local editorial office of Unione di Comuni Valli Dolo Dragone e Secchia
Via Rocca, 1 - 41045 Montefiorino (MO)
Telefono: 0536/962727 Fax: 0536/965312 Email: infoturismo@unionecomuniovest.mo.it

In 1315 Macognano was part of the territory of Basolano which was destroyed by a landslide. In 1615 it broke away from Monzone, passing under the jurisdiction of Toano. The Church of San Sebastiano is mentioned in 1613, was restored in 1664 and has a sculpted doorway dating to 1736 and, inside, has a valuable tabernacle dating to the seventeenth century. The buildings nearby feature styles datable to around the year 1400, whereas the court-shaped complex dates to the eighteenth century.