Pianorso, part of the municipality of Lama Mocogno, is 7 kilometres from the centre and stands at 740 metres above sea level. The name probably comes from the word “orso”, in reference to the bears which used to inhabit the area in ancient times. Its church, dedicated to Saint Peter and Saint Paul, was rebuilt in 1676 following a landslide. The church has a bell tower and its façade has a round-arched portal, a rose window, lancet and monofore windows. Inside the church, the carved caisson ceiling dates to 1676; there are several paintings and a cross dating to the seventeenth century. In Pianorso, there are several sights worthy of note including the ancient “borgo” known as Caseruola, a rural complex with an oratory dedicated to Saint Mark, dating to 1752; the Sanctuary of the Madonna di Montecerreto, built in 1143, first restored in the eighteenth century and again in 2000 after many years of closure to the public due to the danger of collapse. There is also the ancient castle of Rancidoro, standing in a dominant position, looking over the Rossenna Valley; the castle was built in the twelfth century as a defensive fortress and was later restructured in 1650. The oldest part of the fortress still survives to this day, including the base of the tower and the primitive feudal dwelling.