This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Barigazzo

Contact U.T.C. Lama Mocogno
Address VIA XXIVA Maggio 31 41023 Lama Mocogno MO
Telephone 0536 44127
Fax 0536 44890
E-mail lamamocogno@msw.it


Last update 21/09/2014 (ref.55046)
by the local editorial office of Lama Mocogno
Via XXIV Maggio 4 - 41023 Lama Mocogno
Tel. 0536 344390, 0536 343568 - Fax 0536 343570 Email: turismo@comune.lamamocogno.mo.it

The village of Barigazzo, part of the municipality of Lama Mocogno, is 10 kilometres from the town of Lama Mocogno itself and stands at a height of 1220 metres above sea level. The name Barigazzo comes from the word �barga�, meaning a hut. The old part of the village, standing above the Via Giardini, preserves part of the old ancient castle, a tower with square sandstone windows. The church of Saint George, probably of Byzantine origins, dates to the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries and has a rose-portal and sandstone windows. The bell tower is built in a style typical of the area of Frignano during the eighteenth century. Barigazzo is also well-known for its �fires�, generated by emissions of methane gas, used as a source of energy.