This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Cadignano

Contact U.T.C. Lama Mocogno
Address VIA XXIV Maggio 31 41023 Lama Mocogno MO
Telephone 0536 44127
Fax 0536 44890
E-mail lamamocogno@msw.it


Last update 27/10/2014 (ref.55045)
by the local editorial office of Lama Mocogno
Via XXIV Maggio 4 - 41023 Lama Mocogno
Tel. 0536 344390, 0536 343568 - Fax 0536 343570 Email: turismo@comune.lamamocogno.mo.it

The village of Cadignano, part of the municipality of Lama Mocogno, is 5 kilometres from the town of Lama Mocogno itself and stands at a height of 806 metres above sea level. Cadignano, probably a farm in Roman times, came under the Castle of Mirasole in the eleventh century, as part of the fiefdom of Rancidoro. The church of San Andrea di Cadignano was already mentioned in 1305. The present-day church, which dates to 1903, stands on the road between Lama and Polinago. Inside the church there is a gold artefact symbolising “peace” and a painting of the Virgin Mary and Saint Domenic dating to the eighteenth century.